It’s time to learn together… I’ve been getting really into learning the ins and out of some of the social networks I’m not so knowledgeable about, like Linkedin.
After taking some intense training and taking advice from top influencers, I decided to share what I’ve learned, but I want to give you more that just tips and video tutorials, I want to give you a good resource of statistics and information to help you understand this social platform for professionals and business owners as much as you can.
Why LinkedIn For Marketing?
First, you need to know that LinkedIn is a great social network because is like becoming part of a world Chamber Of Commerce, with million of professionals to connect with. But, as a business owner sometimes you would like more than just connections, well, based on a study made by HubSpot recently, the site is one of the best network with a high lead generation conversion rate of 2.74%, which is miles away from what you will get from sites like Facebook and Twitter. I don’t mention Google Plus, because it wasn’t included on the study, and personally it has a great conversion rate as well.
Here is a great graph that shows how the network have helped businesses around the world:
LinkedIn Advice And Recommendations
Here are some a few tips to get you started on the right path:
- Make to complete your profile and add keywords that will help you get optimized for the search engines.
- Write a very compelling “bio”, this can be a little difficult for many small business owners, you can have somebody you know to write it for you or outsource it.
- Don’t start socializing without having a good photo of you, if possible upload the best one you have, in this case is good to wear something more professional.
- Don’t forget to add your skills and your job experience.
- Join relevant Groups (global and local) to help you find other members you can connect with.
- Use the “Answers” engine to ask questions or answer other people’s question, this way you build your authority and expand your reach.
- Be sure to link to your profile from your website, blog, and other social profiles.
- Stay active, don’t just automate your account or post everything from other social networks, is good to post at least 2 times per day directly on the website.
- Recommend others and engage in conversation from time to time to help build your influence on the site.
- Never, never ever, spam on your status, groups, comments, or anywhere.
Do you have more tips, please add them in the comment box below this post.
Video Tutorial For Business
Here are four excellent video tutorials, each filled of pro tips and great examples of well done profiles and much more. The first one is about how to use it for business, the second one will teach you how to properly setup your business company page, the third one how to grow your company, and the fourth one is all about LinkedIn Ads.
I know that is a lot to take in, I recommend you to watch one video at a time, take notes, and if possible watch it as many times as you can so your can really understand the advice and don’t forget to put it on practice right away.
The resource below offer some extra great information and tips that can help you get the most out of your social campaign:
- Five Steps That Lead to LinkedIn Lead Generation.
- Dramatically Increase Social Lead Generation with LinkedIn.
- 6 Ways to Use LinkedIn for Lead Generation.
- Generating Leads With LinkedIn: What You Need to Know.
- How to create a roadmap for lead generation success on LinkedIn.
Also check this great series of post with more great advice:
- Part 1: Getting Your Profile Right.
- Part 2: Getting Connected.
- Part 3: Your Status.
- Part 4: Recommendations and Endorsements.
- Part 5: Groups.
- Part 6: Lead Generation.