The freaking disclaimer:These are just one type of strategies you can use to make your YouTube clips to become fan magnets, and even after mastering this techniques it doesn’t guaranteed the success of your campaigns.
Ready for some unusual but very effective video marketing lessons that can take a video from zero to over 9 million views in a week. Now, not every clip you upload to YouTube is going to have this potential, the lessons below focus on the type of video Jimmy Kimmel have made in order to get that kind of attention. Plus, when he released the uncut version of the clip, that one when when viral as well, I will talk about that in a little bit, but first
…do you really want to have your videos go viral?
That’s the question you need to ask yourself before going bananas with the production and crafting your viral campaign. Before we continue here is a infographic that exposed the flow of the viral effect of a video:
As you can see on the chart above:
– The video get published.
– The first tier audience is notified of the inclusion.
– Depending on the preferences, that first audience might re-share the video link.
– Catch the eye of YouTube and online News sites.
– First batch of re-tweets start.
– If popular the first round of almost automated sharing starts.
– Mashable and other trending video sites take notice.
– The content viral effect gets a boost.
– Retweets, Facebook Likes, and email shares go nuts.
It looks like a great set steps anyone will one on their videos, don’t you think?… Well, not really, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of going popular.
1. A lot of exposure for your brand if is done right.
2. You might also get a boost to your SEO efforts with all the back links the video can generate.
3. You might get a boost in website traffic.
4. The viral effect of the video my take a long time before it dies, and sometimes will still generate thousands of views everyday.
1. If the message wasn’t right and you used a random video like Jimmy did, it will not generate quality traffic to your website or blog.
Continue reading “The 5 Crucial Elements Your Video Needs To Go Viral: Lessons By Jimmy Kimmel’s Worst Twerk Fail Ever Video”
2. Most of the exposure will be non-targeted, but you might still appreciate the back link if they come from an authority site like Mashable or new sites.
3. The main message of your brand can be misinterpreted by your audience and actually make harm to your online brand.
4. If the clip goes popular carrying the wrong message, it can be really hard, almost impossible to stop. Deleting the video isn’t enough.